Documents, Info, Policies and Advice
Death and the Airlines
From bereavement travel, to flying with human remains - the essential policies and procedures for death, dying and air travel.
- Death, Dying and the Airlines - Carrying Ashes, Death on Board
- Bereavement Airfares - How to Book and What Applies
Travel Documents for Flying
Passports are becoming increasingly essential, even in jurisdictions where you once just needed proof of residence. Visas too, are often extra requirements to enter a country - some you can purchase online or upon arrival, others are...shall we say...a little more complicated. Regardless, it is important to have your documents in order.
- Obtain or Renew Your Passport, and Visas
- My Passport Was Stolen - What You Can Do if it Happens to You
Family Travel Rules and Policies
Family air travel policies vary by airline. Can you bring a stroller to the gate? How do you prepare for travel with an infant? What provisions are there if you must travel for a family funeral, or by contrast for a wedding? How far into pregnancy can you travel? The answers to these questions are not always the same for each airline.
- Playtime at the Airport
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Flying With Your Pet - In Cabin and the Cargo Hold
- Pets and Airlines - Airlines that Carry Pets and Their Policies / Fees
Like many things in the air travel industry, regulations for luggage are constantly changing. Read up on what you can bring, what you may pay for, and what is still free.
- Luggage Fees
- Carry-on Packing List for Warmer Destinations
- Packing Your Own Airplane Food - Snack Ideas
- Top 10 Luggage and Carry-on Baggage Myths
- Don't Lose Your Luggage
Airline Customer Service Issues and Policies
Your flight has been canceled. You are stranded at the airport. You are wondering if there is anything you can do about it. Or the airline has oversold your flight, you are about to be bumped and would like to know what you are entitled to, and how you will be compensated. These not so happy scenarios equal articles geared towards canceled, delayed, or oversold flights.
- What Are Your Options When an Airline Strikes?
- When Flights Cancel due to Weather - Policies and What You Can Do
- Oversold Flights, Getting Bumped and Bumping
- Rule 240 - Delayed and Canceled Flights
- File a Complaint
Access-Able Air Travel
An air travel guide with advice for passengers with varying levels of mobility restrictions/limitations.
- Air Travel with Mobility Devices or Mobility Aids
- AccessAble Air Travel
- How Do I Arrange Wheelchair Assistance?
Ah, the not-so-wonderful experience of waking up several mornings at 3am after returning from a trip to Australia - of falling asleep and not knowing whether it was 6am or 6pm after long travels. Jet lag can manifest itself in different ways so I'm sharing as many solutions as possible. Hopefully, some of them will work for you.