Here is a large sampling of what different airlines have to offer for those who are considering giving the gift of travel:
- American Airlines - Purchase up to 40,000 miles as a gift of travel. You must be an AAdvantage member to purchase miles (if you aren't you can sign up at American Airlines main web site). Once purchased, points are non-refundable, non-transferable and no exchanges are permitted.
- Air Canada - Air Canada's mileage program, Aeroplan, allows you to purchase travel miles as gifts for up to three people.
- British Airways - You can buy Executive Club miles as a gift for someone else. Members can only purchase / receive an absolute total of 24,000 purchased BA Miles in any one year.
- Delta Airlines - Gift certificates from Delta are valid for one year from the date of purchase and may be redeemed for travel to any Delta destination. Purchase them at one of Delta's ticket offices or airport locations.
- Delta Airlines - Delta has a fairly generous mileage gift program - up to 4 people at once and a maximum of 60,000 miles.
- Frontier Airlines - Frontier Airlines gift cards can be purchased in amounts from $25 to $1500. They don't expire and can be sent as virtual cards via email, or as physical gift cards.
- Southwest Airlines - Southwest gift cards can be purchased in any amount between $10 and $1,000 online or through the reservations department.