A summary of tips, rules, restrictions and fees for flying with your pet on Continental Airlines:
- Cats, dogs, pet rabbits and household birds are permitted in cabin on most flights within the US, and count as a carry-on bag.
- For pets in cabin the carrier must fit under the seat and the pet must stay in the carrier at all times while on board.
- Ensure that you have a valid health certificate issued by a veterinarian.
- "Earn OnePass miles through our popular PetPass program. OnePass members can earn one (1) OnePass mile for every dollar spent (including tax, fuel and security surcharges) when transporting a pet using Continental's acclaimed PetSafe service (in-cabin pets and service animals do not qualify for this program). Simply present your OnePass number at the time of booking your pet, and the miles will be credited to your account within 6 to 8 weeks."
- For pets traveling in the cargo hold, include two empty dishes (for food and water), accessible from the outside. Also ensure there is absorbent material for litter.
- Fee - For pets traveling in the passenger cabin - $125 one way within the United States and pets can be booked online. If traveling internationally, contact the reservations office - 1-800-525-0280 regarding pet acceptance and fees. For travel in the cargo hold, Continental Airlines maintains a chart of rates that run up to several hundred dollars one way.